Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ANALOGretro

October 16, 2009 01:57PM
Hi everyone,

For those of you who have been around the Atari machines for a while, you might remember ANALOG Computing Magazine (and later, ST-Log Magazine). I used to work at ANALOG and wanted to announce something I've been working on with some of the old gang.

We wrote a lot of games for the Atari machines in assembly language back then, which was a lot of fun. Recently, ANALOG's publisher, Lee Pappas, contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in working to port some of our old games to the iPhone/iPod Touch platform. Well, we have started!

We have started a company called ANALOGretro LLC, and have just released our first game on the iTunes App Store. It's called Star Rangers and is an outer-space combat simulator. We have posted a video of it on YouTube at [www.youtube.com] -- You can see what the gameplay is like.

We have started porting other games that originated in the pages of ANALOG Computing, as well, but I don't want to comment on them much until we have them ready to release.

The fun part is that I was able to dust off some of my old source code, fire up my 800 and relive some of the good ol' days with the Atari hardware! I laugh when I think back to the 16K memory limit we had in the 8-bit machines, but they sure were great.

Anyway, I thought this might be interesting to some of your members. Let me know if you have any questions.

Oh, and you might want to check out my ANALOG-related website, [analog.klanky.com]! I have some fun memories blogged there.
Subject Author Views Posted

ANALOGretro

TomHudson 1410 October 16, 2009 01:57PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login