Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Checkup MiNT installation

March 29, 2009 07:22AM
Hello all,

I (almost) recently (~1 year) moved from MagiC! to MiNT. Mostly for Hardware reasons. Say I first didn't wish to leave MagiC! for anything else, because of habits and knowledge of most of its behaviour.
Anyway, I've been running MiNT for almost one year now, and I'm discovering things I missed when installing.
So I'm going to list them here, hoping some help.
If some of my problems have been discussed before, and you remember it, please be kind and write the place and the approximative date (ie : "discussed on mid 2008 in c.s.atari"winking smiley, as I may not have used the correct words when googling. Thanks in advance.
Once again, don't forget I'm neither familiar with MiNT, nor with Linux/Unix.
1- I remember I set the timezone in some file long ago, then I type something containing zic at the shell prompt. I expected MiNT to automatically switch to/from summer time, but it doesn't. Did I forget to do something ?
2- Any people using Eiffel who could correctly configure their keyboard ? I couldn't manage to get the 1st keyboard row to display anything together with Alt key.
3- I thought that MiNT-Net would allow me to get rid of all other stuff. Unfortunately, I still have to use GlueStik with MyMail, HighWire, Litchi clients. Is there anything I forgot to do ?

Thanks in advance,

J.-Luc
Subject Author Views Posted

Checkup MiNT installation

FalCT60 3091 March 29, 2009 07:22AM

Re: Checkup MiNT installation

Jean-Fran├žois Lemaire 629 March 29, 2009 09:08AM

FalCT60 648 March 30, 2009 08:50AM

Latz 701 April 01, 2009 12:35AM

FalCT60 655 April 04, 2009 05:52AM

Latz 1073 April 07, 2009 04:08AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA